Stumped on how to clean your air fryer after you have fried your favorite French fries? Well, it is a lot easier than you can think of. The air fryer needs to be cleaned properly to ensure you enjoy delicious fried meals. If the taste of your fried food is funky, you may need to clean off the grease and give it a deep cleaning. How to clean air fryer? Well, that is so easy and quick!
How often to clean an air fryer
If you are getting the taste of previously cooked food, you know it’s time for you to clean your air fryer. There will be few parts that will need cleaning after every use, while some parts can be used for some consecutive frying sessions.
What to wash after each use
After cooking, you need to pay some time to clean few things after every cooking cycle. It includes the basket, pan, lid, and tray. The basket, tray, and pan can be washed just like you would any other dish with soap and warm water. These three parts of an air fryer need to be cleaned after each use as they get dirty with all the frying you have done. Not an extensive one, but an easy cleaning will be needed every time you fry something for the day.
What to wash occasionally
In an air fryer, some parts will not demand regular cleaning but an occasional one would be good. The exterior or outside part of the air fryer does not need cleaning after every use. After a couple of frying sessions, you can wipe it off with a clean cloth. Make sure you unplug it before cleaning. Also, make sure you check the aluminum coil. If there is any oil or residue on the heating coil, let the machine cool down, then wipe the coil with a cloth.
Tools and detergent used for cleaning air fryer
- Warm, soapy water.
- Dishtowel or microfiber cloth.
- Non-abrasive sponge.
- Soft-bristled brush or toothbrush.
- A clean piece of cloth
Steps to clean the air fryer
If you are thinking of cleaning your air fryer you may need help with the quick steps to success. A proper cleaning guide will help you with how to clean baked on grease from the air fryer.
- Unplug the air fryer, it is not difficult. Unplug the air fryer and let it cool down completely. Remove basket, pan, and tray away from the appliance. While you clean the air fryer, make sure you don’t submerge the unit in water, which can damage big electrical components.
- Clean the various parts of the air fryer. Make sure you take out all the parts and clean them in hot and soapy water. Clean the inside part of the air fryer with a damp clean cloth. Make sure you wipe off all the water from inside.
- Remove baked-on grease or any kind of stuck-on food or residue that is there in the parts of the air fryer. Soak the removable parts in hot water and with the soap water so that the grease is softened and it is easy to get away with it and remove it easily.
- Clean the exterior part of the air fryer. The exterior part of the air fryer needs to be cleaned after few uses. Use a cloth or a clean sponge to wipe down the outside part of the main unit. Scrub and clean any leftover residue or food particles with a soft brush. Check the fryer’s heating element for residue and clean it with a cloth and brush if needed.
- Reassemble all the air fryer parts. Dry all the parts of the big machine and reassemble it.
Tips for cleaning an air fryer
- If you notice any kind of foul odor coming from the bottom of the air fryer, chances are that there are sticky food particles somewhere inside or outside it. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda and warm water to form a liquid paste. Then go for a scrub brush or any thrown away old toothbrush to thoroughly clean and scrub the interior part of the air fryer.
- Don’t start cleaning your convection air fryer without unplugging it. This can be very dangerous as you may end up hurting yourself and damage the air fryer.
- Never use any metal type utensils to remove the crumbs or baked-on grease from the air fryer. It will cause damage to the non-stick coating layer and stops your air fryer from functioning. To protect the non-stick coating from any kind of scratch, don’t use any metal or abrasive tools to clean the air fryer parts. Are you sure about how to clean the air fryer basket?
Make sure you are being gentle with cleaning and don’t end up damaging the non-stick coating with abrasive cleaning tools. Clean your air fryer with care and make sure you are not eating what you cooked last night!